Firstly a big thank you to John G0GCQ for his hard work getting GB7RMS Packet BBS back on the air, it is now working via Telnet on the internet and on 144.950 since 8th January 2018.
The best way to Telnet into the BBS via the internet is as follows
Download Winpack from the website http://www.ui-view.net/winpack/ download the full version, please note this only works on 32bit computers, NOT 64 bit (bad Luck G0PHO!!!)
- When installed, click on the menu at the top OPTIONS > Comms setup
- bottom right hand side Host Mode change to TELNET
- say OK
- back to the main screen
- at the bottom box type in C GB7RMS.DDNS.NET:6300 then push enter
- you should get a callsign prompt, type in your username and password provided by John.
- you have access to the BBS!
Commands and more help available soon. A helpsheet will be available at the Feb Meeting.
We have scripts for auto connections to pull mail down to the winpack mailbox. More information soon.
Send John a packet message so he knows its working!
- SP G0GCQ
- Subject: TEST
- type your Message to John
- at the end type
- when you get the GB7RMS Prompt type B for "Bye" to disconnect.
If you cannot use winpack, try Putty ! - https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
- install it
- at the top user hostname type in gb7rms.ddns.net and in port type in 6300
- connection type TELNET
- under saved sessions type GB7RMS and click "save"
- then click open at the bottom to connect.
More commands and information soon!